Typical steps of establishing IT QMS are:
1. IT Quality Foundation training for 2+ IT staff to get basic understanding of what IT quality is
2. IT Quality Index assessment to understand where we are and where we can improve. Actual IT Quality Index is measured, target quality is defined and main improvement dimensions are identified.
3. IT Quality Manager training for 2+ people to get knowledge what IT QMS is and how it works
4. Design and establish your own IT QMS using templates and visual aids provided at CITQM training
Functional, lightweight IT QMS IT is the way how IT can self-present as an active, quality focused function, self-improving and making quality effort visible also to non-IT people. Work in IT is mostly complex ever changing knowledge work, and vast majority of IT work is initiated from within IT, aiming to improve quality of IT as a system. Quality management is thus much wider than sum of processes and services. IT QMS is a crucial component of modern IT management, more impactful than reactive processes of practices.
IT QMS is the fundamental component mentioned in
- #COBIT 2019, process APO11 Managed Quality
- #ITIL4 practice continual improvement
- #SFIA Quality management
More details can be found here:
If you use COBIT, then COBIT defines 40 management objectives – WHAT, but does not provide practical guidance HOW you should achieve them. IT Quality Index is about this missing HOW.