Course and associated workshop will equip managers and leaders with the required knowledge to be successful in the management of knowledge workers and creating teams of achievers in the modern era.
Course length: 2 days including certification exam
Details in PDF
Target group: The Managing Knowledge worker Quality course is suitable for IT managers seeking new and modern methods fit for the future of work, engaged in digital transformation efforts and also for IT departments, where the role of IT is being developed beyond the cost focused service delivery model.
Prerequisites: No prerequisites – an understanding of the IT Quality index ISBN: 979-8543925812 is highly recommended, trainings:IT Quality Foundation or IT Quality Manager highly recommended prior this course.
Course learning objectives: The objective is to provide management with knowledge and skills required to manage people within the modern business setting. This training is providing transformative knowledge where the focus of IT management is redirected from costs and productivity dominant in industrial era management practices, to managing IT workers as knowledge workers with high levels of autonomy, expert insight, extensive knowledge, exploration and innovation.
Learn the following SFIA skills: Enterprise IT governance GOVN, IT management ITMG, Innovation INOV, Competency assessment LEDA, Performance management PEMT.
Course outcome: Successful candidates will learn differences between managing routine workers and knowledge workers in IT, where quality, collaboration and innovativeness are the main criteria to analyse the quality of knowledge workers. Successful candidates will receive Certification in knowledge worker quality.
- The genesis of IT management objectives – Differences between the Industrial and knowledge era for IT management
- Qualitative metrics compared to quantitative metrics, why velocity is not what matters most
- Knowledge work characteristics
- Collaboration networks, information theory and the latest trends in IT governance – DCMM model, systemic quality
- KWQI Knowledge Worker Quality Index method explained
- Collaboration experience CLX and collaboration quality CLQ
- Knowledge worker motivation and quality
- Certification exam