IT quality assessment framework
“How good is your IT ?” – crucial question asnwered by IT QUALITY INDEX framework.
IT QUALITY INDEX is IT quality assessment framework, which is used for quality assessment in different types of IT organizations. It is respecting all major best practices frameworks and norms. Provides consistent and repeatable tool for IT quality assessment and benchmarking in time and between organization.
IT QUALITY INDEX principles
- Comparison with quality levels database collected from different organizations
- Respect to accepted best practices
- Does not use binary coding – Yes/No
- Quality assesment is performed by Accredited IT Quality Expert – AITQE
- Method is designed to support AITQE + external peer assessment
- Assessment results are distributed only to customer in detail levels of all quality dimesions
- Quality dimensions and levels are recorded for later comparison to allow tracking quality improvements in time
- Transparent tool for IT quality measurement and benchmarking
- Alignment of quality perception between IT and business / customers
- Can be used to benchmark any Service provider – based on generic service management principles
- Measuring and tracking quality improvements projects and programs in time
- Quality levels can be compared to similar organizations and thus helping to identify improvement opportunities – database of collected IT Quality assessments across different organization
- Repeatable tool for tracking quality improvement projects – quantification of quality changes in time and between organizations
- Excellent tool for input to IT strategy planning
- Great help in IT / Business communication – A4 summary of all quality dimensions translated into single figure
- Highly recommended starting point for new CIO / IT manager to record quality levels of IT organization before launch of any change project in IT
- “You don’t manage what you don’t measure” – helping managers who adopted this concept
Definition of IT Quality: Multi-dimensional entity where every dimension is expressing level of adoption widely accepted best practices and non presence of bad practices.
IT Quality is expressed in the form of IT QUALITY INDEX, which represents measurement of all quality dimensions based on consistent and documented process performed by experienced IT Quality Expert.
Download overview of IT QUALITY INDEX framework in PDF here
Real world adoption
Quality assessments were first launched in Q1/2015 with very high level of acceptance across different organizations
IT QUALITY INDEX assessments were delivered to many IT and non IT organizations with very positive feedback – from corporate to SMB, private to public. You may request case studies by email or join featured group on LinkedIn.